Wow, it’s been three months already. You know when your child is three months old and it seems like both no time and tons of time have passed? That’s how I feel about my blogging.
As with every month, I have learned so much and I want to share it with you. And for the first time I’m also going to post some of my site stats. Lorelai from Life with Lorelai did this and I found it interesting and a good resource.
1. Last month I talked a little about trying to find my blog’s direction. After weeks of writing and pondering, I have found that I really like writing about current news, mom-related technology, and products that make moms lives easier. Does this really go with my “Myth Busting Mommy” blog title? I’m not sure. But it’s what I’m drawn to and will be doing more writing on those things.
2. I’m terrible at doing giveaways. Many other bloggers get hundreds if not thousands of entries to whatever giveaway they are doing. I get less than 100. I’m wondering if I’m not marketing them enough, if the things I’m giving away are not that interesting, or if the people reading my blog are just not interested in them. I need to do some research.
3. I can’t keep up the pace that I had before. I used to post 3-4 times a week, which was fine during the summer. As autumn begins and we all are busier, I’m reducing my posting to 2-3 times per week. I have seen my viewing numbers go down a bit, but subscriber numbers have gone up. As having subscribers via Feedly, BlogLovin’, or email, not to mention social media, is more important to me than traffic from people who never return, I’m going to keep up this schedule for a while. It seems to work better for both me and you!
4. No one wants to buy ads on my site. And, hey, why would they? I’m a newbie! So instead of focusing on advertising, I’m focusing on selling my services of blog writing and social media content coordination. I have a few clients already and love doing the work, so why not focus on that? So you may have seen the “Advertising” tab in my menu bar change to “Hire Me”. That’s why! But if you want to do a button exchange, you can still do so through my Advertising page.
5. I love Facebook. I am active on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, and StumbleUpon (am I forgetting any?), but my favorite platform to work with is definitely Facebook. I love that it can be conversational yet it is very visual. I also like that I can step away from it and not get lost in the conversation – the way I often feel with Twitter. I’ll still keep working on all of the social media platforms (and will even be adding Google+ soon!), but my heart belongs to Facebook. For now anyway.
My Blog Stats (From Google Analytics)
Stats for the past 3 months:
Page views: 18,711
Visitors from 91 different countries
Most viewed posts
The Great “Stay-At-Home Moms Have Clean Houses” Hoax – 3237 views
The Timing of Pregnancy Announcements and Why You Should Wait – 1780 views
5 Mommy Myths That Celebrity Moms Propagate – 1353 views
This past month:
Page views: 4,715
Visitors from 67 different countries
Most viewed posts
The Timing of Pregnancy Announcements and Why You Should Wait – 1,165 views (I got listed on the first page of Google with loads of keywords relating to pregnancy announcements. I’m not sure why, but I’m loving the traffic!)
6 Signs That You’re An Introverted Mom – 554 views
What Parents Need To Know About The New Flu Vaccine – 525 views
Boost Compassion With Service Projects For Kids – 106 views
Traffic Sources Last Month:
Search Engines – 1,211 (Way higher than the last two months!)
Pinterest – 584
Facebook – 309
Reddit – 219
Twitter – 28
StumbleUpon – 11 (Way down this month.)
I’m so proud that I’ve come this far and I can’t wait to continue to learn and grow as a blogger! Let’s see what month 4 has in store…
Love or hate my blog’s new direction? I’d love to hear from you!